Saturday, August 3, 2013

The Return of the Pensive Proofreader

The Pensive Proofreader is back... and armed with an array of editorially oriented adventures!


*     *      *
 

Okay, so maybe my proofreading life isn't all that exciting, but I have been working in the corporate world for roughly 1-1/2 years now, which is why I haven't been blogging very much.  My days are full to overflowing and my commute is a lengthy one -- roughly two hours door-to-door.  But thanks to my trusty iPhone, I'm able to pass the time in a productive/semi-productive fashion.  I pay bills, send email, read newspapers, spend quality time on social media, and keep the pace with multiple Words with Friends matches (a given for a wordsmith such as myself), all from the comfort of my very own smart phone.  Technology -- it's such a boredom-alleviating gift.

Which brings me to the return of The Pensive Proofreader.  As much as I enjoy my work (and I do enjoy it), I sometimes feel stuck in a rut with the daily grind of editing and expediting my wares to an anxiously awaiting clientele.  So what's a pensive proofreader to do when they're in the doldrums?  Technology to the rescue. of course!  So, the plan is to begin blogging on my laptop on the weekends again.  I don't believe my smart phone would be very serviceable for blogging purposes, not to mention that public transportation tends not to lend itself to the serenity writers require as part of the creative process.  In any case, I'm back on track again and I'm looking forward to journaling the world as I see it.  Join me on my online journey.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment