Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

As part of my ongoing mission to help the homeless, I made the trek yesterday to a local food pantry to donate a few sacks of groceries.  Granted, it was a small offering, but I'm hopeful that my next donation will be bigger.  And the next donation won't be next Thanksgiving.  My goal is to eventually donate on a once-monthly basis, contingent on my financial circumstances.  But I promise to do my best.


As you segue into the start of the holiday season, please take the time to remember the less fortunate.  If you're willing but unable to donate to a food pantry, simply send your silent but loving good wishes their way.  Pause for a few minutes to give gratitude for the warm bed you sleep in, the scrumptious feast you'll dig into, the roof over your head or the good health I hope you enjoy.  If you're employed, appreciate the opportunity to work and for a regular income.  And if you're searching for a job, hang in there.  Just remember -- your new career may be only days away.  You never know.  Please carry that hope in your heart.  It's so important.

Happy Thanksgiving from The Pensive Proofreader!

P.S. -- If you're able to donate, please consider the links to the right of this page.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment